Friday, June 27, 2008
"Intimacy without commitment contradicts what the Bible teaches about true love. Instead of being selfless, it's selfish; instead of being patient, it's impatient; instead of looking out for the ongoing good of the other person, it's focused on the needs of the moment."
"Where is true love found? It's found in God's brand of love-love founded on faithfulness, love rooted in commitment."
"The joy of intimacy is the reward of commitment"
Friday, June 20, 2008
- learnt to look at things not only for a one sided point of view but to also look at them from the other perspectives...why only look at one side of the cube when it has four sides?
- learnt not to take things too seriously that sometimes i feel like i've lost the wow-ness for things =(
- to understand or at least try to understand that people do something for a reason
- learnt to look for the 'positives' in people....not easy you know :p but at least it makes life happier =)
- forgiveness...it makes me happier and less drained...if u haven't known, it's really tiring being angry :p
hmm...thats's quite a bit of a learning there huh. well....it's all part of His great plan, The Ivy Mak's Life Plan. haha. but yea...all that had happened is God-allowed and He simply allows them to happen so that i could learn these life lessons that ultimately moves me a step forward in this life plan of mine.
i've just sent like 10 fun toys, 8 hugs, 5 teddy bears and 15 lil green roseys on facebook .
and i'm gettin annoyed with the curiosity i get each time i hear a sms coming in only to open and see: "subscribe Fuyoh get a 5% rebate or type EURO to win this price that price. sender: Digi" -_-
Monday, June 2, 2008
i mean what better place to be than to spend four days with our brothers and sisters in Christ in a camp and to have just pure clean and crazy fun. but at the same time bonded through one purpose....to glorify the Almighty and to acknowledge that He is the King of this universe!
i just couldn't hold back my tears to see simple gestures in the youths such as lifting their hands during worship. gestures so simple yet so overwhelming to see that these young people are actually acknowledging their Father above as the Almighty...One who deserves all glory and honour!! even as i write this now its so hard to hold back the tears to see how many lives and hearts were touched through this camp. indeed His understanding no one can fathom.
and yes...i still cant believe how small we are compared to Him who made it all!
TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!!