Monday, March 10, 2008

You're happy, I'm happy

there's always a time in life where we reach to a crossroad and we dont know which path to take. left? right? a dilemma i would say.

now, at the crossroad, the question is which path is the right one? for my case, it was whether to stand up for myself or do what pleases God. it was so tempting to do the former. i mean, who wouldn't ? it's a natural reaction when we're being treated unfairly especially by people we hold so dear to our heart. however, when the two choices were thrown to me, i immediately knew i wanted to please God more than anything else and that brought me to tears because that meant that i cant have justice for myself. BUT....the image of God smiling down at me and saying "Ivy, I am proud of you." gave me an indescribable feeling that confirmed my choice further. i want my Father in heaven and the God of the universe to be happy, pleased and ultimately glorified with the path i chose.

so what about the 'standing up for myself' part you'd ask. well...God will do that for me! when? i dont know. God works in His own timing and i believe that it will happen at the right time. after all He owns time, He can take as much time as He wants and who are we to question Him right. anyway, time will tell and we'll just have to wait and see =)

3Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. Romans 5:3-5

No comments: